Friday, July 30, 2010

** 7/29/10 c-blog, IMPORTANT TO GET OUT OF ISOLATION FOR GOD's WORK TO HAVE RESULTS,+

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "JP VANDERKOK" <vanderkok@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 30, 2010 12:01 PM
Subject: ** 7/29/10 c-blog, IMPORTANT TO GET OUT OF ISOLATION FOR GOD&apos;s WORK TO HAVE RESULTS,+
To: <vanderkok@gmail.com>

7/29/10 c-blog, IMPORTANT TO GET OUT OF ISOLATION FOR GOD's WORK TO HAVE RESULTS, St. Maria goretti LB, M ' ...I get anxious..menu...if choose this one..wish I chose that one...mary & martha respond in faith to Jesus..in another context..idea of bodily resurrection..new ..conv wisdom..live on in offspring..the kids were your immortality..body ress...was new..it was the pharisees who were pro-ressurection..sadduccees were conservatve..didn't like the new -fangled ressurection idea..point is that God's will is not general..but particular..final verdict..not the grave..but raised to new life....we will be humans..not disembodied spirits..we will be in humn form..Jesus is the sign of it....on a cloud..for some reason God has a very soft spot in his heart for us as humans..God speaks to us thru people..discernment..discuss it w/ others..who discovered the imp of this..the person who started 12 step discovery..imprtnt to get out of isolation for God's work to have results..2 heads better than one..we are not totally autonomous..need communion..when martha says u are Christ son of God..ask Lord today..to help us..to be aware of signs around us..2nd time..first reading prophet jeremiah..God communicates..comes thru human experience..couple days ago..."bury loin cloth.."..making of clay..now cannot I do this to you house of israel..helps them see they are not autonomous..don't fashion own destiny..diffclt for americans w/ the manifest destiny idealism..bootstrap...well..we can't do everything by ourselves...we do it together..& its not our credit..its God's..imp for us to look around, world full of parables....look @ potter..you are clay..whatever we say abt Christ..we are also saying re selves.."

Jer 18.1-6 "This word came to Jeremiah from the LORD: Rise up, be off to the potter's house there I will give you my message. I went down to the potter's house and there he was, working at the wheel. Whenever the object of clay which he was making turned out badly in his hand, he tried again, making of the clay another object of whatever sort he pleased Then the word of the LORD came to me Can I not do to you, house of Israel as this potter has done? says the LORD. Indeed, like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, house of Israel.

Ps 146:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6ab Responsorial Psalm R. (5a) Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob. or: R. Alleluia Praise the LORD, O my soul; I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God while I live.

John 11.19-27 "Many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them about their brother [Lazarus, who had died]. When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went to meet him but Mary sat at home. Martha said to Jesus,"Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that whatever you ask of God, God will give you.""Your brother will rise." Martha said to him,"I know he will rise, in the resurrection on the last day.""I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, and anyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" She said to him, "Yes, Lord I have come to believe that you are the Christ, the Son  of God, the one who is coming into the world."

Posted via email from vanderkok's posterous