Saturday, August 28, 2010

** 8/27/10 NEW LATINO CLERK PROBLEM: FRESH & EASY, ORANGE,CA (chapman & main)

8/27/10 NEW LATINO CLERK PROBLEM: FRESH & EASY, ORANGE,CA (chapman & main)

..this time, right before the angels game,I went in for something to eat (its a relatively new supermarket chain around here w/ ALL SELF-scan checkout lanes. As I enter, a young latino says "Hey boss" (That's their way of saying half-heartedly "You're the boss",..its a little sarcastic, but I usually let it go...REALLY, we don't want or need to be called anything at all, as I said to Ever a week or so ago, "Just DO YOUR JOB")...

I just ignored him & kept walking..found something to buy & was checking out at self-scan & he came up to me as if I needed help. I'm perfectly capable of self-checkout & waved him off. Then as I was walking out he said "Have a nice day.." & I said, loudlt, "YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING TO ME AT ALL" & he scoffed as if I was being so rude..

But there's NO OTHER WAY with some of them..you have to be DIRECT . He didn't care if I had a nice day or not & he knows I am able to use the self-scan without help. I've had to talk to a supervisor here previously about employee attitudes & may have to do so again.

Posted via email from hearingtheword2's posterous