Monday, March 14, 2011

3/14/11 MY TSUNAMI EXPERIENCE, 私の津波の経験, 我的海嘯經驗

3/14/11 MY TSUNAMI EXPERIENCE,
私の津波の経験, 
我的海嘯經驗

Based on my trip to Phuket, Thailand after the 2004-05 tsunami. I went with Bibles & Bottles (Of water) & also did Christian mission reconaissance, with the hope of returning some day and/or passing on my knowledge to somebody who will go in my place, for the kingdom !

Its an incredible country, with many, many, Buddhist temples, statues, & figurines, & very few churches, church steeples, or crosses. In fact, so few, I don't recall seeing any crosses or steeples standing high above the buildings. It gave me a "wake-up call." This country NEEDS CHRIST ! Buddhism is a profound religion, & peaceful, but it is pouring all of its energy into objects that CANNOT hear, nor see, nor care. God, I pray, let the light shine thru to Thailand, and all other countries that have religion but don't have light.

Here's a 15 minute video of my trip, not extremely well edited, but adequate to tell the story. It starts in Los Angeles as I am leaving LAX & then I am in Thailand "on the ground running" so to speak (or actually in the rental car driving on the other side of the road, British style). I make my way thru Bangkok & keep heading south to Phuket where the real damage has been done...and you can see for yourself it was SIGNIFICANT...& driving past body boxes (not sure if they were empty or full)...& surveying the damage..talking to a few people..giving Bibles & bottles (of water) to whomever wanted one...

Eerily quiet only a few days after the devestation. Some cleanup had already commenced & even was completed. Some re-building had already begun. I just drove & drove & took pics & hiked a little, & PRAYED a lot.

And NOW, something similar just happened in JAPAN ! That's what reminded me to go back to this video which was split into four parts & put it together into one piece & re-post it for tsunami awareness, compassion, education, etc.

Vander

Posted via email from NEWSbyVANDER