Tuesday, April 26, 2011

*KENNON RAINES WOULD BE BETTER AS A PRISON GUARD OR AS A TEACHER IN JUVENILE DETENTION, tag: kennon raines, diane lemus, irma, dave peters, utla, lausd, substitute teachers

...I ran into kennon @ a utla meeting in december of 2010...she stood up once or twice to speak in front of us and my first thought was wow she is "physical." There was something stark about her, a commanding presence. Yet at the same time it occurred to me that those with such overwhelming (sometimes overbearing) presence are not always the best teachers for normal or good kids. Kennon seemed like a disciplinarian and I was thinking she would be better off in a setting such as juvenile detention, or even a prison guard.

Then I saw online she's a bit of a "entertainer". She participated in some low budger movie as a barbarian woman of some sort and she also participated in a "naked poetry" event . So she plays different roles. She wears different hats. She's also, apparently, been a bartender.  She came from New York City so she has a cocky attitude and looks down on Angelenos, including me.

On several successive occassions at a PERB hearing she approached me and said, "And who are you?" Or "What's your name?" As if she had never seen me before. This would happen on consecutive days. She was very supercillious to think she was so important that I had better hope she would acknowledge me.

For that matter, Dave Peters played that game as well to a certain extent. I don't know why they think being a substitute teacher is SO IMPORTANT...or that they are so important as substitute teachers.

Furthermore, gossip runs rampant amongst the subs. When I left the school district I got emails from people whom I had never even personally informed that I was leaving. Obviously, people were talking, including Vicky from Peru & the lady from the Philippines..which sums it up...essentially immigrants, maybe not even Americanized, were part of the gossip circle amongst the subs.

And at the district headquarters itself the problem was even worse. These people all talk like its a ladies coffee hour. I know Diane Lemus & Irma did too. Shame on them.

Posted via email from hearingtheword2's posterous