Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6/15/11 The DAY I JUST HAPPENED TO MEET JAY LENO is TODAY !

6/15/11 The DAY I JUST HAPPENED TO MEET JAY LENO ....is TODAY ! ... we all have those coincidental moments in life where we run into an old friend... or witness something strange or crazy... or remember where we were when a world event happened (such as when I first heard the news of Osama Bin Laden being killed (Hollywood, in my car) or the World Trade Center being attacked (Pasadena, on the phone to a person in Grand Rapids) or President Reagan being shot (Gulf Shores, Alabama), or the Space Shuttle blowing up (the first time I was in my dorm room at Calvin College about to go to lunch; the 2nd time I was on the campus of Fuller Seminary in Pasadena) ...well... here's another one of those memorable moments...maybe not in the category of "world changing" but SO unexpected & out-of-the-blue... some people might think that those who live in or around Burbank or the NBC studio see Jay Leno all the time just walking around..but in my experience that is very RARE...in fact, I have driven by NBC studio many times over the past thirteen years, ...


...& have NEVER seen Jay Leno standing outside the studio chatting or doing anything else. So I was NOT expecting to see anybody special as I drove by this morning on my to the Donut Prince coffee shop, but as I passed the main driveway I noticed a nice looking old car sitting still..and a couple of people talking to somebody thru the window..my first hunch was that it MUST BE JAY in his CAR-of-the-DAY ! And I was right ! He drives a different car every day.. or most of the time (from what I hear)..and there he was posing for a pic for a couple of out-of-towners coming to see the show. I wasn't going to the show today, but took the opportunity to jump out and say hello to Jay.. nice guy..always willing to shake a hand or pose for a pic .. I've been inside the studio enough times and seen Jay inside plenty of times..& shook his hand at the beginning of a show one time a year or so ago (along with several of the other visitors), but this is the first time I JUST HAPPENED to run into him..makes it sort of special & memorable... & I was able to "CAPTURE the MOMENT ! "