re SEAL BEACH SHOOTER: EVEN WHITE MALES CAN SNAP, NO JUSTIF. 4 MURDER, BUT WHAT CAN SOCIETY DO TO PREVENT A REPEAT? ..re SEAL BEACH SHOOTER: EVEN WHITE MALES CAN SNAP, NO JUSTIF. 4 MURDER, BUT WHAT CAN SOCIETY DO TO PREVENT A REPEAT? ...first before you get on your high horse & tell me without equivocation that there is NO JUSTIFICATION FOR MURDER ...I already KNOW...absolutely.. even being seriously sinned against or having crimes committed against you is NO JUSTIFICATION...I know...yes I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW ! but as with every seemingly out-of-the-blue situation such as the seal beach shooter, you have to ask, what can society do to help prevent a repeat ? we don't know many or any details of this shooting yet,,,it may have been totally a husband-wife or ex-wife matter that broiled over b/c of lingering issues..or apparently a child custody battle ? anyways...why would he snap & shoot EVERYBODY in sight ? there's NOBODY to blame but him alone, but we still have to ask on a daily basis what can I do to treat people JUST A LITTLE BETTER ..so that little annoyances on top of little annoyances on top of little annoyances don't make a "weaker" person snap ?! are there times when I (yes I, we, you, us, they, & them ) can refrain from self-righteously honking the horn? can I stop maliciously gossiping about somebody for social engineering purposes? can I refrain from taking below-the-belt cheapshots at somebody ? can I say "thanks" or "excuse me" or "please" or even give the "other guy" the open parking space despite being there first ? I wouldn't say everybody has a breaking point, but some do, & what's worse? Doing something nice to them (or refraining from doing something punitive in the small ways so many of us are good at )even if they don't deserve it or a total meltdown such as happened today in seal beach? we may never know if there was a "last straw" or if this would have happened regardless, but WHAT IF it came down to some jerk LAYING ON THE HORN excessively b/c the guy blanked out in a moment of depression at a traffic light...only to have somebody not give a friendly wake-up toot of the horn but BLARE on the horn & flip him off as well & yell "a--H--e" as they pass by...& the guy, trying for so long to to keep his testosterone from overflowing like a raging bull, said, "That's it!" and the anger he had been barely managing is awakened by the excessive honker & flipper...& plans this guy had put on the backburner suddenly flooded back to the forefront of his brain...& he focused it all back on his ex-wife...& then decided to just gun down everybody in sight...all because of the 10th honker in the past month who had to teach the guy a lesson ? There's NO JUSTIFICATION for murder, but what can we do to try to prevent people from snapping ? less horn action, a little more polite, courteous, understanding, less-selfish behavior ? (and, NO, I am not talking about keeping me from snapping...I don't have time for anger, but yes, society could treat me better too, & I'm sure I could treat some others better also...let us all repent & try a little harder to practice preventitive emotional medicine for ourselves & others
INFREQUENTLY UPDATED (mostly for historical purposes): This is ALL about the CHRISTIAN FAITH, with daily news & other items mixed in ! We cannot ignore what's happening in the world around us:the good, the bad, & the ugly, but we CAN try to respond to it thru the LENS of FAITH ! I keep running the race of faith in the name of the Father-Son-&-Holy-Spirit ! Join me
Thursday, October 13, 2011
10/12/11 re SEAL BEACH SHOOTER: EVEN WHITE MALES CAN SNAP, NO JUSTIF. 4 MURDER, BUT WHAT CAN SOCIETY DO TO PREVENT A REPEAT?
re SEAL BEACH SHOOTER: EVEN WHITE MALES CAN SNAP, NO JUSTIF. 4 MURDER, BUT WHAT CAN SOCIETY DO TO PREVENT A REPEAT? ..re SEAL BEACH SHOOTER: EVEN WHITE MALES CAN SNAP, NO JUSTIF. 4 MURDER, BUT WHAT CAN SOCIETY DO TO PREVENT A REPEAT? ...first before you get on your high horse & tell me without equivocation that there is NO JUSTIFICATION FOR MURDER ...I already KNOW...absolutely.. even being seriously sinned against or having crimes committed against you is NO JUSTIFICATION...I know...yes I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW ! but as with every seemingly out-of-the-blue situation such as the seal beach shooter, you have to ask, what can society do to help prevent a repeat ? we don't know many or any details of this shooting yet,,,it may have been totally a husband-wife or ex-wife matter that broiled over b/c of lingering issues..or apparently a child custody battle ? anyways...why would he snap & shoot EVERYBODY in sight ? there's NOBODY to blame but him alone, but we still have to ask on a daily basis what can I do to treat people JUST A LITTLE BETTER ..so that little annoyances on top of little annoyances on top of little annoyances don't make a "weaker" person snap ?! are there times when I (yes I, we, you, us, they, & them ) can refrain from self-righteously honking the horn? can I stop maliciously gossiping about somebody for social engineering purposes? can I refrain from taking below-the-belt cheapshots at somebody ? can I say "thanks" or "excuse me" or "please" or even give the "other guy" the open parking space despite being there first ? I wouldn't say everybody has a breaking point, but some do, & what's worse? Doing something nice to them (or refraining from doing something punitive in the small ways so many of us are good at )even if they don't deserve it or a total meltdown such as happened today in seal beach? we may never know if there was a "last straw" or if this would have happened regardless, but WHAT IF it came down to some jerk LAYING ON THE HORN excessively b/c the guy blanked out in a moment of depression at a traffic light...only to have somebody not give a friendly wake-up toot of the horn but BLARE on the horn & flip him off as well & yell "a--H--e" as they pass by...& the guy, trying for so long to to keep his testosterone from overflowing like a raging bull, said, "That's it!" and the anger he had been barely managing is awakened by the excessive honker & flipper...& plans this guy had put on the backburner suddenly flooded back to the forefront of his brain...& he focused it all back on his ex-wife...& then decided to just gun down everybody in sight...all because of the 10th honker in the past month who had to teach the guy a lesson ? There's NO JUSTIFICATION for murder, but what can we do to try to prevent people from snapping ? less horn action, a little more polite, courteous, understanding, less-selfish behavior ? (and, NO, I am not talking about keeping me from snapping...I don't have time for anger, but yes, society could treat me better too, & I'm sure I could treat some others better also...let us all repent & try a little harder to practice preventitive emotional medicine for ourselves & others