10/17/11 ME ON KPCC re LA COUNTY JAIL PROBLEMS & SHERIFF BACA...On 10/17/11 around 1:25 pm, using a pseudonym, Frank, as I was traveling from Los Angeles to Long Beach, I pulled off the road & called in to this radio show & talked to Madeline (?) about my experience inside county jail. She was doing a talk show re problems inside the jail & the recent federal inquiry re abusive treatment by deputies, with the spotlight on Sheriff Baca who initially denied that there was a problem & at first insisted that the feds broke the law by sneaking a cellphone into the jail as part of their investigation, etc. Subsequently, however, Baca did a total 180 in his attitude & now claims he is taking this seriously & claims he is checking into the allegations more closely.
I spent 3 days in the horrid L.A. County Jail after being framed by Hugh Halford (a Pasadena assistant city attorney who had been fired by the City of Santa Ana & was a former LAPD cop). He was defending the city in my civil lawsuit for excessive force by police. During pre-trial proceedings in the hallway he accused me of bumping him on the elbow & had no trouble in getting the Pasadena Police (who I was suing) to file a complaint, & no surprise that the district attorney pressed charges despite the fact that I had a witness who saw the "non-incident" & said "nothing happened" (but my incompetent attorney, steve boysaw, didn't call this witness to testify... it was a total FARCE...ie kangaroo court ..only one person testified falsely against me & he had a record of discipline with the state bar for cheating clients ... Is there CORRUPTION inside the "justice system"? You better believe it. It's a totally deceptive & untrustworthy system at every level, including the jail, which was another experience .
I was ultimately cleared of all charges but AFTER I did three days in the"cj" (county jail). Inside I saw overcrowding, experienced it personally (listen to the audio) & also heard abusive, intimidating, language by deputies. The jail was sued, subsequently, because of the issues, but it doesn't sound as if it has changed anything. I wrote a few letters to various people, including jail chaplains, but never got a response from anybody.
Some of the names related to the jaillawsuit are listed below: U.S. DIST JUDGE DEAN PREGERSON, STEVE YAGMAN, ATT PAUL BEACH FOR L.A. COUNTY ; SHERFF DEPT SPKSMN STEVE WHITMORE, MY BOOKING # WAS 7186749 ON FEB 19, 2002