Sunday, December 4, 2011

12/3/11 NOTES FROM the LADY GAGA (et.al.) JINGLE BALL CONCERT: 636 pm..found my seat..a guy & gal,,mc's? Of some sort came on the screen..they're outside..hyping the concert.I asked the usher what time they begin..she said 655pm...on the lineup is th

12/3/11 NOTES FROM the LADY GAGA (et.al.) JINGLE BALL CONCERT: 636 pm..found my seat..a guy & gal,,mc's? Of some sort came on the screen..they're outside..hyping the concert.I asked the usher what time they begin..she said 655pm...on the lineup is the headliner lady gaga of course, but also david guetta, flo rida, gymclass heroes, sean paul, taio cruz (saw him at angel game), big time rush, & karmin, in the audience I observe mostly 20 somethings, but also parents with adolescents & tweens, so this apparently is family fare (or at least they're hoping so) , ...I haven't been to a concert in a long time..not this kind anyways, ..I said a prayer a few moments ago (watch for it on youtube) , I'm keeping my eye on the msu-wisconsin game,,spartans lead 29-21 as of 649pm..they're actually showing commercials on the big screens as we sit here waiting..its like a natural part of this generation's life...they don't think twice about it
..my gen would be booing this..commercials at a concert ? 650p frankie dee ? And dave stiles..seems like everybody is mostly hyped for gaga ..but its going to b a while...1st up, big time rush.."take u higher.."..white pants, black jax (glow in dark lines on their jackets),they look so young, a lot of girls wearing glow in dark red, green, & blue sunglasses..."everybody get up out of seats"..I just texted "Merry Christmas" to their streaming text log on the screens..702p, "better w/ u" (706p, ), last song...last time I was here was for peoples choice awards 2011 ...next up.  ..tom cruise movie commercial, chevy comnercial, iheartradio commercial, this is a kiis fm concert (l.a. radio station),.commercial w cow in elevator, in ffice, "eat more chikin" chick fila commercial, jesse lozano jo jo wright on the screen 712p ..willow smith..I've seen one of her wild vids..she does something crazy with her hair..next up taio cruz singing "I got a hangover" ..he's a funny guy..now he's playing "break your heart"...721p, ..now he's singing "dirty picture"..heavy bass..people doing fist pumps at his command..he played this at angel stadium as well, ..this isn't good for a christmas concert w children...wasn't good at angel game either
..so I walked out..I'm looking down on the ice skaters and the electric christmas tree..now taio is singing his most famous song.." singing waio...I throw my hands up in the air sometime.." u can text "next" to kiis to find out who is the next performer..which I just did...here's what I got in response: "KIISFM: Sean Paul is coming up next! Reply JOIN to become a KIIS text club member! " I'm praying 4 the young people here..impressionable..hope that nothing that happens tonight leads them in the wrong direction ...I'm back in my seat ..736p, kiis fm is 102.7 ..I don't listen to it..ryan seacrest is their famous dj ...seen his pic on billboards around l.a...he's a young, clean-shaven anglo man.. ..haven't heard him talk much..maybe he will come out on stage..see what he's like..I remember I made a complaint after peoples choice because of the usher who stonefaced us the entire time..I wasn't the only one uncomfortable..jingle ball village..they did some stuff outside ..autographs and youtube sensation karmin ..hmm..its a lady..darkhair, ..she's singing up at the middle booth..the audio visual booth..people standing turning towards her..its a lady-guy act, they ..dec 15 karmin at sony..star of disney wizard of waverly place..he just finished movie w kevin james..
...745p a new mc, jessue ? Big silver chain medallion around his neck, r u ready..make noise 4 sean paul.."shake that thing' ..flames on screen..I don't recognize the music, ..758 I definitely do not recognize this music..its sort of hip-rap, party in spanish? Some ladies in black leotards dancing with sean paul ...I'm glad that's over..next up, flo rida, kiis fm van opens doors..humping gesture by two makles (inapp for children), nick cannon..some moms are w their kids.he's behinda computer doing something...now they play jingle bells, segue to mariah carey song..but she's not here.."all I want 4 christmas isu" ..new mc: flo rida ..he's a black rapper "put your hands up'  .."where's the girls at?" He threw signed caps into the crowd, and then roses, and then pulled out a wad of cash and fluttered it into the audience..he took his shirt off..tatts all over his arms,, ..now he's taking off another shirt,..gave it to ablonde gal (the one who said "ur so sexy" (sounded planned, a seat filler?) . ..now wearing tanktop ..836p I text "next": KIISFM: Gym Class Heroes are coming up next! Reply JOIN to become a KIIS text club member! ..now he's giving away his chains ..I'm taking a break " u spin me right round..." every song they play is verybrief..I recognize "I gotta feeeling.."
Mcdonalds commercial ..ad for show "new girl' 849p, back outside..red carpet ..stars of vampire diaries ..gym class heroes 852p, ..were from upstate ny ...a lady vomes on with an indian headpiece, ..he's got an elvis shirt on..tatts on aarms and neck 9pm, , I message "next" and get: KIISFM: David Guetta is coming up next! Reply JOIN to become a KIIS text club member!
..its better to give than receive, .."I wanna be a billionaire..be on cover of forbes" ....now "my heart's a stereo" (912p)...definitelyt recognize this song, ..david guetta "nothing but the beat" ..everybpdy stand up ..hess a dj,...he's a master mixer, not a musician...he's mixing it up.."its getting late but I don't mind" ..930p ..lots of visual effects, ..oh hedoes have a new album, he calls out taio cruzl ,..."don't feel bad, girl"? ..934p..that's it for taio, .next sng, robotic figures in blue light..as he's playing this new mix I'm saying the lords prayer at the top of my lungs and nobody notices..its that loud in here..."when love takes over" 941p (thisreminds me of disco...is this the return of disco?) ...
944p..I'm back outside..so LOUD in there...had to take a break ..Karmin is back "baby you're a firework.." ..10p..peter battanelli ? Gaga has a sore throat I'm going to sing her songs acapella1007 ..finally after a few suspenseful delays gaga appears on a spinning motorcycle..dressed in red, with sparkles, ..first one male dancer, later a whole squadron of male dancers,all looking gay, probably intentionally so , ..with long red boots she yelled "sing it" a few times ..like a dominatrix, , oh there's a girl up there too..maybe two , ....she really commands the crowd, .."how's it going hollywood?" She yells.  ......now she picks up a red elec keyboard and plays "just dance", ..now poker face 1027am ..next song abt a telephone, ..there's also a christmas tree and a lit star .1032 ..ladies on stilts, on the screen, their playing a song but she's not on stage..
/..then gaga comes out in a sexy black cleavage uniform..and sings "white christmas" but changes christmas to 'kissmas" ..my little monsters I love u, if u r not one raise your hands so u can get attacked by one..[she says] my first concert was a jingle ball..anybody here first concert...maybe you're here w/ your parents ..I think it was the goo goo dolls ..I said to mom "I want to be a singer" ....she said "oh shit" ..sit back down..sing it dammit ! She puts her shoe up..
"in nebraska & jesus christ"..I love top 40..pop music ..made it my mission to push the boundaries ..this song expresses the power of having such a fan base..little monsters..born this way..3 days after it came out..philippines or singapore, ..album had only been out. A few days..and they knew all the word, the power of music to bring people together..not give a shit about anything but loving eachother..song called "hair" ..why can't I be who I am ..mom dad....free as my hair..power of pop music, ..only 3 1/2 yrs ago..people thought I was "nice but strange". Id call my mom crying..& she'd say "just be who u r" ..."I've had enuf" ..she has a poweful voice.."I love u" .."I've had enuf..free as my hair" .."...1056p, now what? ..she's unzipping her uniform, ..let's change it up a little, shall we, back to her dominatrix,..u know what christmas is really about? Its about Jesus Christ..Its about capital..HIM.....(inaudible)...now "born this way"...what's the story w the hand raise ? She ends born surrounded by all male singers. ....now a strane vid od what ? Childbirth?an egg? Ovary, head drippping..bug, insect bizarre..deep bass shaking the chairs, ..egg yolk..eith human facial features, ..the stage still says HIM, WITH CHRISTMAS TREE ..vid sppsd to look like  ? Sort of does ..juda? ..she did a bit of a. Heavy metal act at the end..
Nowa hospital scene.."check out nurse on left..she's got a great ---"..she's in a hospital bed.singing..it still says Him up there.."gonna marry the night' ....hospital gown..all of them.." don't give up on yout dream" ..SHE gets carried off stage by a male nurse. END CONCERT. LIGHTS ON, NO ENCORE. [Comment: only in regard to the Lady Gaga portion, I must say I was encouraged by her reference to Jesus Christ, & the "HIM" letters on stage throughout, as well as the Christmas Tree with star. There's still hope. I always suspected Lady Gaga is still a  believer beneath all the hype. I hope the various secular influences don't pull her away].

Posted via email from HOLLYWOOD BLOG