Friday, December 30, 2011

BIBLE READING LOG: 2 KINGS 20 to MALACHI 4

MALACHI 4: "The day is coming....burning like an oven..all who do wickedly will be stubble...will leave them neither root nor branch"(1)...but to you who fear My name, the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings"(2)...you shall trample the wicked"(3)...Remember the law of Moses"(4)...I will send you Elijah the prophet"(5)...he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children & the children to the fathers"(6)
END OT

MALACHI 3: "Behold, I send My messenger...the Messenger of the covenant...He is coming"(1)...who can endure the day of His coming"(2)...He is like a refiners fire"...He will purify the sons of Levi"(3)...then the offering of Judah & Jerusalem will be pleasant to the Lord"(4)..I will be a swift witness against sorcerers, perjurers, adulterers...those who exploit"(5)...will a man rob God ? Yet you have robbed me...in tithes & offerings"(8)...bring the tithes into the storehouse...try Me"(10)...yet you said 'It is useless to serve God"(14)...'for those who do wickedness are raised up. They even tempt God & go free'(15) "those who fear the Lord...they shall be Mine, says the Lord...I will make them My jewels"(17)...you shall again discern between the righteous & the wicked"(18)

MALACHI 2: "priests, this commandment is for you...if you will not hear...I will send a curse(1-2)...& spread refuse on your faces"(3)...that my covenant with Levi may continue...one of life & peace"(4)...he feared me & was reverent"(5)...law of truth was in his mouth"(6)...lips of a priest should keep knowledge"(7)...but you have departed. You have caused many to stumble"(8)...Have we not all one Father?"(10)...You have wearied the Lord...you say everyone who does evil is good in the sight of the Lord"(17)

MALACHI 1: "word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi...'I have loved you' Says the Lord...yet you say, 'In what way?'"(1-2)...Jacob I have loved...Esau I have hated(2-3)...says the Lord, 'They may rebuild but I will throw down'(4) they shall be called the Territory of Wickedness"(4b)...against whom the Lord will have indignation forever"(4)...when you offer...the blind...lame...sick..as a sacrifice...is it not evil?"(8)...nor will I accept an offering from your hands"(10)...you bring the stolen, lame, & sick...should I accept this?"(13)...My name is to be feared among the nations"

ZECHARIAH 14: "Behold the day of the Lord is coming...the Lord ..will fight against those nations [who attack Jerusalem] "(1-3)...the Lord my God will come & all the saints with you...in that day there will be no light...one day...known to the Lord...at evening time it shall happen..that it shall be light...(6-7)....living waters shall flow from Jerusalem...& the Lord shall be king over all the earth...it shall be..the Lord is one, His name is one"(8-9)...Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited"(11)...the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem"(12)...their flesh...eyes...tongue...shall dissolve...(12b)...nations which came against Jerusalem...shall go up from year to year & worship the King"(16)..whichever do not ...on them there will be no rain"(17)...'Holiness to the Lord' shall be engraved on the bells of the horses"(20)...every pot in Jerusalem & Judah shall be holiness to the Lord"(21)

ZECHARIAH 13: ...a fountain shall be opened for the house of David...for sin & uncleanness"(1)...I shall cut off the names of the idols...& they shall no longer be remembered"(2)...if anyone prophecies...then his mother & father will say, 'You shall not live because you have spoken lies in the name of the Lord"(3)...Strike the shepherd...sheep will be scattered"...one-third shall be left"(8)...will refine them...test them...they will call on My name"(9)...I will say, 'This is My people...& each one will say, 'The Lord is my God'"(9b)

ZECHARIAH 12: "word of the Lord...against Israel...says the Lord who forms the spirit of man within him...I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkeness...(1-2)...I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone"(3)...I will strike every horse with confusion"....I will make the governors of Judah like a firepan in the woodpile"(6)...they shall devour all the surrounding peoples"(7)...glory of ...Jerusalem shall not become  greater than... Judah"(7b)...house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the Lord"(8)...& I will pour on the House of David..the Spirit of grace...& they will look on Me whom they pierced...they will mourn for him...& grieve for him..."(10)

ZECHARIAH 11: "The sound of wailing shepherds...for their glory is in ruins...sound of roaring lions...for th pride of the Jordan is in ruin"(3)..."says the Lord feed the flock for slaughter"(4)...so I fed the flock for slaughter, in particular the poor of the flock..."(7)..I took 2 staffs, one I called beauty...the other, Bonds...& I fed the flock..."(7b)...I dismissed the three shepherds...my soul loathed them"(8)...I said 'I will not feed you. Let what is dying, die'(9)..."I took my staff beauty & cut it in two, that I might break the covenant.."(11)...so it was broken..the poor knew...it was the word of the Lord"(11b)...then I cut my other staff, Bonds...to break the brotherhood between Judah & Israel"(14)...Lord said 'Take the implements of a foolish shepherd...'who will not care...nor seek...nor heal...nor feed'(15-16)...woe to the worthless shepherd...his arm shall wither...eye ...blinded"(17)

ZECHARIAH 10: "Ask the Lord for rain...He will give them showers"(1)...idols speak delusions...they are in trouble because there is no shepherd"(2)...my anger is kindled against the shepherds"(3)...I will strengthen the house of Judah...& I will save the house of Joseph...I will bring them back...I will hear them"(6)...I will also bring them back from the land of Egypt"(10)...they shall walk up & down in His name..."(12)

ZECHARIAH 9: "Tyre built herself a tower..heaped up silver...& gold (3)...the Lord will cast her out"(4)...he who remains..even he shall be for our God"(7)...rejoice..your King is coming to you...lowly & riding on a donkey"(9)...He shall speak peace to the nations. His dominion shall be from sea to sea"(10)...I will set your prisoners free(11)..you prisoners of hope"(12)..I will restore double to you"(12)...Lord will be seen...will blow the trumpet"(14)...will defend"(15)...will save"(16). ..they shall be like jewels of a crown"(16b)

ZECHARIAH 8: "Says the Lord 'I am zealous for Zion'...I will return to Zion & dwell in the midst"(1-3)...Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth(3b)...old men & women shall again sit in the City of Jerusalem...full of boys & girls playing in the streets"(4-5)...say the Lord 'I will save My people"(7)...they shall be My people & I will be their God"(8)...before these days ...I set all men against his neighbor"(10/..but now...I will not treat..as in the former days"(11)...seed ..prosperous..vine..fruit...(12)...just as you were a curse ...you shall be a blessing"(13)..just as I [was] determined to punish...I am determined to do good, to Jerusalem"(14-15)...things you shall do
...speak each man the truth...judgment for..truth justice & peace"(16)...Let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbor"(17)...love truth & peace"(19)...many peoples & strong nations..shall pray before the Lord"(22)...ten men ...every language...shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, 'Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you"(23)

ZECHARIAH 7: "word of the Lord...came to Zechariah...ask the priests...when you fasted & mourned...during those 70 years, did you really fast for Me?"(5)...do you not eat & drink for yourselves"(6)...execute true justice. Show mercy & compassion, everyone to his brother"(9)"Do not oppress"(10)...[but] they made their hearts like flint...thus great wrath came from the Lord"(12)...just as they would not hear...[then] I would not listen"(13)


ZECHARIAH 6: "Behold..4 chariots..bronze mountains...1st chariot..red horses..2nd chariot..black horses...3rd chariot...white horses...4th chariot ..dappled horses...what are these ?(1-4)...the four spirits of heaven"(5)...make an elaborate  crown...& set it on the head of Joshua"(11)...speak to him, behold...'The man whose name is the Branch...from His place He shall branch out"(12..Yes He shall build the temple of the Lord...He shall be a priest on His throne(13)...the elaborate crown shall be for a memorial"(14)...if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord"(15)

T2:

ZECHARIAH 5: "I turned... & saw a flying scroll..."(1)...this is the curse..over the whole earth...every thief shall be expelled...every perjurer shall be expelled" (3)...I will send out the curse"(4)...angel said lift your eyes...what see? A basket...woman inside...
This is Wickedness(8)...he thrust her down.." (8b)...then there were two women ...with wind in their wings...they lifted up the basket...(9)..where ?...to build a house for it in the land of Shinar"(11)

ZECHARIAH 4: "Now the angel who talked to me came back & wakened me & said..Lwhat do you see?"(1)..a lampstand of solid gold...bowl...seven lamps...seven pipe...2 olive trees(4)..What are these ?" The Lord to Zerubbabel...'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit"(6)...o great mountain... you shall become a plain"(6)...Zerubbabel shall bring forth the capstone...grace, grace to it"(6)...these seven rejoice to see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel...they are the eyes of the Lord"(10)...What are these 2 olive trees?...olive branches...gold pipes"(11-12)..."These are the two anointed ones who stand. Beside the Lord"(14)

Zechariah 3: "Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord & Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him"(1) The Lord said,'The Lord rebuke you satan"(2)...Joshua was clothed with filthy garments"(3) [God said] 'Take away the filthy garments from him"(4) [God said] I have removed your iniquity. I will clothe you with rich robes"(4)...If you walk in my ways... I will give you places to walk..."(7)..I am bringing forth My Servant the Branch"(8)...behold the stone I have laid before Joshua...upon the stone are seven eyes"(9)...I will remove the iniquity"(9b)...in that day everyone will invite his neighbor under his vine & under his fig tree"(10)

ZECHARIAH 2: "Behold, a man with a measuring line...to measure Jerusalem...says the Lord, "I will be a wall of fire all around her [Jerusalem], I will be the glory in her midst"(1-5)...he who touches you touches the apple of His eye"(8)..many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day & they shall become My people"(11)..be silent all flesh, before the Lord, for He is aroused from his holy habitation"(13)

ZECHARIAH 1: "Word of the Lord came to Zechariah...'The Lord has been very angry with your fathers"...says the Lord 'Return to Me'...& I will return to you'"(1-2)...do not be like your fathers..turn now from your evil ways"(4)...I saw a man riding on a red horse...& behind him..horses, red, sorrel, & white"(9)...the Lord has sent to walk & fro...all the earth is resting quietly(10-11)...I am exceedingly angry with the nations at ease"(15)...then I saw 4 horns..& said, 'What are these?'..these are the horns that scattered Judah, Jerusalem, & Israel"(18)..the Lord showed me four craftsmen..I said, what are these...Lord said, "To cast out the horns of the nations"(21)

HAGGAI 2: 'Word of the Lord came by Haggai..."(1) "Who is left among you who saw the temple in its former glory?"(3)...My Spirit remains among you, do not fear"(5)...I will shake heaven & earth...will shake all nations,,will fill this temple with glory"(7)...in this place I will give peace"(9)...Is the seed in the barn ? As yet, the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate & the olive tree have not yielded fruit, but from this day I will bless you(19)...I will take you Zerubbabel...& make you like a signet ring"(23)

HAGGAI 1: "Word of the Lord came by Haggai...(1)...time the Lord's house should be built"(2)...go to the mountains, bring wood, & build the temple"(8)..& they came & worked on the house of the Lord"(14)

ZEPHANIAH 3: "woe to her who is rebellious & polluted"(1)...she has not obeyed His voice"(2)
...her prophets are insolent treacherous people"(4) the Lord is righteous in her midst...He brings His justice to light. He never fails"(5)...Wait for Me' says the Lord...all the earth shall be devoured"(8)...I will restore to the peoples a pure language, that they all may call on the name of the Lord, to serve Him with one accord(9)..my worshipers"(10)...I will leave in your midst a meek & humble people...they shall trust in the name of the Lord"(12) ...Shout O israel...the Lord has taken away your judgments"(14-15)...the Mighty One, will save...He will quiet you with His love"(17)...I will deal with all who afflict you"(19)..gather those who were driven out...appoint them for praise & fame"(20)

ZEPHANIAH 2: "Gather yourselves together...yes gather(1)..before the Lord's fierce anger comes"(2)...seek the Lord all you meek of the earth..seek righteousness, seek humility"(3)...Moab shall be like Sodom...Ammon like Gomorrah"(9)the Lord...will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth"(11)...make Nineveh a desolation"(13)...the city that said in her heart, 'I am it, & there is none besides me...everyone who passes by her shall hiss & shake her fist"(15)

ZEPHANIAH 1: "the word of the Lord which came to Zephaniah...I will utterly consume everything"(2)...I will cut off man from the face of the land"(3)...I will cut off every trace of Baal"(4)...Be silent..., for the day of the Lord is at hand...the Lord has prepared a sacrifice. He has invited His guests"(7)..on that day a mournful cry from the fish gate"(10)..all those who handle money are cut off"(11)...I will punish the men who are settled in complacency...who say in their heart, 'The Lord will not do good nor will He do evil"(12)...they shall build houses but not inhabit them"(13)...the day of the Lord is near...a day of wrath...trouble..distress..devestation...desolation...darkness..gloominess"(14-15)...distress upon men...they shall walk like blind men...their blood shall be poured out like dust"(17)...neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them"(18)

HABBAKUK 3: "A Prayer of Habbakuk...Lord I heard Your speech & was afraid.".(2)..."His glory covered the heavens...His brightness was like the light. He had rays flashing from His hand"(4)...oh Lord were You displeased with the rivers"...anger against the rivers...wrath against the seas(8)...you divided the earth with rivers"(9)...you trampled the nations in anger"(12)...you went forth for the salvation of your people"(13)...You walked through the sea with Your horses"...though the fig tree might not blossom(17)...Yet I will rejoice in the Lord"(18)...the Lord God is my strength. He will make my feet like deer's feet"(19)

HABBAKUK 2: "I will stand my watch"(1)..the Lord answered, "Write the vision & make it plain on tablets"(2)...the vision..at the end will speak, & will not lie"(3)...Behold the proud, his soul is not upright in him. BUT THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH"(4) [woe to the wicked]..."he enlarges his desire as hell. He is like death & cannot be satisfied" ...woe to him who increases"(6)...you have plundered many nations"(7)...woe to him who covets evil gain for his house"(9)...cutting off many peoples"(10) "woe to him who builds a town with bloodshed"(12)...the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of God"(14) "woe to him who gives drink to his neighbor...to make him drunk..to look on his nakedness"(15)..."the cup of the Lord's right hand will be turned against you"(16) "Woe to him who says to wood, awake'..to silent stone 'arise' "(19)

HABBAKUK 1: "The burden which the prophet Habbakuk saw..."(1) Oh Lord how long shall I cry, & You shall not hear?"(2) "even cry out to You violence & You shall not save"...the law is powerless..."(4) the wicked surround the righteous, perverse judgment proceeds"(4) [The Lord replies] "Look, be astounded ! I will work a work in your days" (5)...I am raising up the Chaldeans...they are terrible...their horses are swifter than leopards"(5-8)...they all come for violence"(9)...[prophets 2nd Q] "Are You not from everlasting Oh Lord my God?"(12)...You cannot look on wickedness"(13)...why do You hold Your tongue when the wicked devours a person  more righteous than he?"(13)...

NAHUM 3: "Woe to the bloody city...full of lies & robbery. Its victim never departs"(1)...horsemen charge with bright sword...multitude of slain...countless corpses"(3)...multitude of harlotries of the seductive harlot"(4) "I will lift your skits over your face. I will show the nations your nakedness"(5)...all who look upon you will flee from you & say 'Nineveh is laid waste' ...you also will be drunk, you will be hidden"(11)...the gates of your land are wide open for your enemies" (13)"draw your water for the siege"(14) "the fire will devour you"(5)
...your commanders are like swarming locusts" (17)...your injury has no healing"(19)...all who hear news of you will clap their hands over you, for upon whom has not your wickedness passed"(19b)

NAHUM 2: "He who scatters has come...man the fort , watch the road"(1)...the Lord will restore the excellence of Jacob"(2)..the shields of his mighty men ar made red...the valiant men are in scarlet"(3) "He remembers his nobles"(5)...the gates of the rivers are opened"(6)...though Nineveh of old was like a pool of water, now they flee away. 'Halt, halt' they cry, but no one turns back"(8) "Where is the dwelling of the lions?"(11) "...I am against you says the Lord...the sword shall devour the young lions"(13)

NAHUM 1:  "The burden against Nineveh...God is jealous & the Lord avenges...the Lord will take vengeance"(1-2)...the Lord has His way"(3)..He rebukes the sea & makes it dry"(4)...the mountains quake before Him"(5)...His fury is poured out like fire"(6)...the Lord is good,a stronghold"(7)...He knows those who trust in Him"(7b)...[but] darkness will pursue His enemies"(8)...I will dig your grave..for you are vile"(14)...for the wicked one... is utterly cut off"(16)

MICAH 7: "Woe is me!...there is no cluster to eat of the first ripe fruits which my soul desires"(1)...the faithful man has perished from the earth"(2) they all lie in wait for blood. Every man hunts his brother with a net"(2b)...the prince asks for gifts,t he judge seeks a bribe"(3) the best of them is like a brier"(4)..Do not trust in a friend...guard the doors of your mouth"(5)...son dishonors father...a man's enemies..of his own household"(6)...therfore I will look to the Lord...my God will hear me" Do not rejoice over me my enemy...when I fall I will arise. When I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light in me"(8)...He will bring me forth to the light"(9)...the nations shall see & be ashamed of all their might"(16) they shall lick the dust like a serpent...& shall fear because of You"(17) "Who is a God like You?...He delights in mercy"(18) You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea"(19)

MICAH 6: "Hear now what the Lord says....hear o you mountains the Lord's complaint"(2)...o my people what have I done to you"...testify against Me(3)...I brought you up from...Egypt..I redeemed you...I sent..you Moses, Aaron, & Miriam"(4)..that you may know the righteousness of the Lord"(5)...will the Lord be pleased with 1000's of rams?....shall I give my firstborn?"(7)...He has shown you OH MAN WHAT IS GOOD & what does the Lord require of you, But to DO JUSTLY, LOVE MERCY & To walk humbly with your God"(8)...shall I count pure those with the wicked scales?" (11)You shall eat but not be satisfied"(14)...you shall bear the reproach of my people"(16)

MICAH 5: "Now gather yourself in troops...but you Bethlehem Ephrathah , though you are little among the thousands of Judah.Yet out of you shall come forth from Me the One to be Ruler of Israel"(2)...& this One shall be peace"(5)...when the Assyrian comes, we shall raise against him..7 shepherds & 8 princely men"(5)...the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst...like dew from the Lord"(7)...the remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles...like a lion"(8)...your carved images I will also cut off...you shall no more worship the works of your hands"(13)...I will pluck your wooden images from your midst"(14)

MICAH 4: "..the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established...& peoples shall flow to it"(1)...out of Zion the law shall go forth"...He shall judge...& rebuke strong nations...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, & their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation. Neither shall they learn war "(4) Everyone shall sit under his vine & under his figtree & no one shall make them afraid.(4) "All people walk each in the name of his own god. But we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever & ever"(5)...I will gather the outcast...I will make the lame a remnant"(6-7)...the Lord will reign over them in Mount Zion ...even forever"(7b)...like a woman in birth pangs from now you shall go forth"(10)...& to Babylon you shall go, there you shall be delivered"(11)...[many nations will be gathered] like sheaves to the threshing floor"(12)...You[zion] shall beat in pieces many peoples"(13)

MICAH 3: "Hear now, o heads of Jacob...is it not for you to know justice ?(1)...you who hate good & love evil"(2)...who also eat the flesh of my people"(3)...says the Lord concerning the prophets who make my people stray...who chant peace ..but prepare war"(5)...you shall have night without vision"(6)...her priests teach for pay"(11)...because of you Zion shall be plowed like a field"

MICAH 2: "woe to those who devise iniquity & work out evil on their beds...they covet fields ...& oppress a man"(2)...says the Lord, 'Against this family I am devising a disaster...for this is an evil time"(3)...do not prattle you say to those who prophecy"(6)....they shall not return insult for insult"(6b)..."Is the Spirit of the Lord restricted"(7)...do not My words do good to him who walks uprightly"?(7b)...if a man should walk in a false spirit...& speak a lie, saying, 'I will prophesy to you of wine & drink' even he would be the prattler of his people"(11)

MICAH 1: "word of the Lord came to Micah...hear...listen"(1-2)...The Lord is coming out of His place"..for the transgression of Jacob..for the sins of Israel"(5)...I will make Samaria a heap of ruins"(6)...all her pay as a harlot shall be burned with fire"(7)...I will wail & howl , I will go stripped & naked"(8)

JONAH 4: "But it displeased Jonah exceedingly & he became angry"...Lord it is better for me to die than to live"(3)...the Lord said, "Is it right for you to be angry?"...Jonah went & sat outside the city...[& God grew a plant over his head for shade] "Jonah was very grateful for the plant"(6)...[ but then God sent a worm & made the plant wither] & "the sun beat on Jonah's head & he grew faint" "& he wished death"...Is it right for you to be angry?" [Jonah said] "It is right for me to be angry even unto death"...[God said]"You had pity on the plant...should I not have pity on Nineveh?"(10-11)

JONAH 3: "second time...arise go to Nineveh...& preach to it"(2)...a three day journey"(3)...40 days & Nineveh shall be overthrown"(4)...the people of Nineveh believed God" [ the king decreed] "Let man & beast be covered with sackcloth & cry mightily to God"(8)...then God saw that they turned from their evil ways ...& God relented"(10)

JONAH 2:  "Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the fish's belly"(1)...out of the belly of Sheol I cried"...I said 'I have been cast out of your sight"(4)..the waters surrounded me, even to my soul"(5)...weeds were wrapped around me"(5b)...when my soul fainted within me I remembered the Lord"(7)...I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving"...salvation is of the Lord"(9)...so the Lord spoke to the fish & it vomited Jonah unto dry land"(10)

JONAH 1: "Word of the Lord came to Jonah...go to Nineveh, that great city...for their wickedness has come up before Me"(1)...but Jonah found a ship going to Tarshish"(3)...but the Lord sent out a Great wind to the sea"(4)...the ship was about to be broken up"(4b)...every man cried out to his god"(5)...but Jonah was fast asleep"(5b)...the captain said'what do you mean, sleeper? Arise, call on your God' "(6) [then they cast lots to see who was the cause of the proble, & the lot fell on Jonah & said, who are you?] & Jonah said, "I am a Hebrew, & I fear the Lord"(9)...then the men were exceedingly afraid...they knew he  fled from the presence of the Lord..."(10)...what shall we do to calm the sea?"...pick me up & throw me into the sea"(12)...they cried out, 'We pray Oh Lord do not let us perish for this man's life'(14)...& they picked up Jonah & threw. Him into the sea & the sea ceased from its raging"(15)...then the men feared the Lord exceedingly"(16) & the Lord prepared a greatt fish to swallow Jonah & Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days & three nights"(

OBADIAH 1: "The vision of Obadiah....says the Lord concerning Edom...you shall be greatly despised"(2)...the pride of your heart has deceived you"(3)...though you set your nest among the stars...I will bring you down"(4)...the men at peace with you shall deceive you"(7)...for violence against your brotherJacob, shame shall cover you"(10)...you should not have gazed on the day of your brother"(12)...you should not have stood at the crossroad(14)...as you have done it shall be done to you"(15)

AMOS 9:"I saw the Lord standing by the altar...'I will slay the last of them' ...he who flees...shall not get away..though they dig into hell, from there my hand shall take them...though they climb up to heaven from there I will bring them down"(1-2)...though they hide on carmel...at bottom of sea...[or] go into captivity"(2-4) ...the eyes of the Lord are on the sinful kingdom"(8)...all the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, who say the calamity shall not overtake us"(10)...the days are coming says the Lord when the plowman shall overtake the reaper & the treader of grapes him who sows seed. The mountains shall drip with sweet wine"(13)...I will plant them in their land & no longer shall they be pulled up"(15)


AMOS 8: "What do you see Amos ? A basket of summer fruit"...the end has come upon my peple israel"...many dead bodies everywhere...shallbe thrown out in silence"...I will make the sun go down at noon"(9)...I will send a famine"(11)....


AMOS 7: "The Lord God showed me...behold he formed locust swarms(1)...I said 'O Lord forgive I pray"(2)...so the Lord relented"(3)...then the Lord showed me...conflict by fire(4)...I said 'Lord God cease I pray"(5)...so the Lord relented"(6)...the Lord stood on a wall made with a plumb line"(7)...I am setting a plumb line in the midst"....Amaziah said to Amos 'Go you seer...never again prophesy at Bethel"(12-13)...Amos answered 'I was no prophet & no son of a prophet...but a sheepbreeder"(14)...[you say don't prophesy against Israel?]...therefore your wife shall be a harlot"(17)

T5: X OB, y bb, 51 1blf(rbi, 1-2),58 sac bunt, 8 squib past p (rbi 1-3),26

AMOS 6: "Woe to you... at ease in Zion..."(1)...woe to you who put far off the day of doom"(3)...who lie on beds of ivory"(4)...who sing idly"(5) ...but are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph"(6)...if ten men remain in one house they shall die"(
9)...He will break the great house into bits"

AMOS 5:"Hear this...the virgin of Israel has fallen"(1)...says the Lord, seek Me & live"(4)...seek the Lord & live"(6)...you who turn justice to wormwood"(7)...they hate the one who rebukes in the gate & they abhor the one who speaks uprightly"(7)..seek good & not evil that you may live"(14)...hate evil, love good, establish justice in the gate"(15)...there shall be wailing"(16)...what good is the day of the Lord to you"(18)...it will be as though a man fled from a lion & a bear met him"(19)...Take away from Me the noise of your songs"(23)


AMOS 4: "Hear this word, you cows of Bashan"(1)...[God] will take you away with fish hooks"(3)...I gave you cleanness of teeth in all your cities...yet you have not returned"(6)...I withheld rain(7)....I blasted you with blight & mildew"(9)...I sent among you a plague"(10)...I overthrew some of you"(11)...YET you have not returned to Me"(11b)...prepare to meet your God o Israel"(12)

AMOS 3: "Hear this word...o children of Israel...you only have I known Israel...therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities"(2)0...a lion has roared, who will not fear. The Lord God has spoken"(8)...for they do not know how to do right"(10) ...as a shepherd [takes a sheep out of the mouth of a lion] so shall the children of Israel will be taken out, who dwell in Samaria"(12)

AMOS 2: "- will not turn away [Moab's] punishment"...I will send a fire upon Moab"(1)...I will not turn away [Judah's] punishment"(4)...their lies led them astray "(4b) "I will not turn away [Israel's] punishment"(6)...they sell the righteous for silver"(6b)...& pervert the way of the humble...a man & his father go into the same girl..."(7)...the strong shall not strengthen its power nor shall the mighty deliver himself"(14)...the swift of foot shall not escape"(15)...the most courageous men shall flee naked"(16)

AMOS 1: "The words of Amos...'The Lord roars from Zion...the top of Carmel withers"(3)...I will send a fire upon the wall of Gaza"(7)...the remnant of the Philistines shall perish"(8)...Edom...pursued his brother with the sword...& cast off all pity"(11)...

JOEL 3: "When I bring back the captives of Judah & Jerusalem...I will also gather all nations...they have cast lots for my people"() ...have given a boy as payment for a harlot...& sold a girl for wine"(3) [o Tyre & Sidon] you have taken my silver & gold"(5)...the people of Judah & Jerusalem you have sold to the Greeks"...prepare for war"(9)...beat your plowshares into swords...let the weak say 'I am strong' "(10)...the vats overflow...their wickedness is great"(13)...the Lord also will roar from Zion...the heavens & earth will shake"(16)...in that day the mountains shall drip with new wine"(18)....Judah shall abide forever, & Jerusalem from generation to generation"(20)

JOEL 2: "Blow the trumpet in Zion & sound an alarm in My holy mountain"...the day of the Lord is coming...is at hand"(1)...a fire devours...the land is like the Garden of Eden before them...behind them a desolate wilderness"(3)...before them the people writhe in pain"(6)...everyone marches"(7,8)...the Lord gives voice before His army"(11)...Turn to Me with all your heart...rend your heart & not your garments"(12)...Let [the priests] say spare Your people Lord' "(17)...fear not"(21)...do not be afraid"(22)...the fig & the vine yield their strength"(22b)...I will restore to you the years [taken from you by the] swarming...crawling..consuming...chewing locust"(25)...you shall eat in plenty & be satisfied"(26)...My people shall never be put to shame"(27)...afterward I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh"(28)....& I will show wonders in the heavens & on earth"(30)...whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved"(32)

JOEL 1: "The Word of the Lord...hear this...give ear...tell your children"(2-3)...chewing locust..swarmiing locust...crawling locust...consuming locust...wail...because of the new wine...a nation has come up against My land"(6)...he has laid waste My vine & ruined My fig tree(7)
...vine has dried up...fig tree withered...all the trees have withered...joy has withered"(12)...the day of the Lord is at hand"(15)...o Lord to You I cry out"(19)...the beasts of the field also cry out to You"(20)

HOSEA 14: "O Israel return to the Lord your God"(1)...say to [God] 'Take away our iniquity'(2)...we will offer the sacrifices of our lips" [no more will we call the work of our hands] "our gods"(3)...I will love them freely"(4)...His branches shall spread"(6)...the ways of the Lord are right"(9)

HOSEA 13: "When Ephraim... offended thru Baal worship he died"...now they sin more & more"(2)...they shall be like the morning cloud...like early dew...like chaff...like smoke from a chimney"(3)..yet I am the Lord...there is no savior besides me"(4)...they forgot Me, so I will be like to them a lion...like a leopard...like a bear"(7-8)...Israel, you are destroyed"(9)...but your help is from Me"...I will be your king(10)...iniquity of Ephraim(12)...an unwise son, should not stay long where children are born(13)...Samaria is held guilty, she has rebelled...their infants shall be dashed in pieces, & their women with child ripped open"(16)

HOSEA 12: "Ephraim...daily increases lies...they make a covenant with the Assyrians...the Lord also brings a charge against Judah...& will punish Jacob...he took his brother by the heel...he struggled with God"...Ephraim provoked [God] to anger"

HOSEA 11: "When Israel was a child I loved him, & out of Egypt I called my son"(1)....I taught Ephraim to walk"(3)...I drew them by gentle cords, with bands of love"(4) [but] they refused to repent"(5)...my people are bent on backsliding"(7)...my heart churns, my sympathy is stirred...I will not again destroy Ephraim, for I am God & not man,the Holy One in your midst , & I will not come with terror"(9)...they shall walk after the Lord, He will roar like a lion..." Ephraim lies...Israel...with deceit...Judah still walks with God"(12)

HOSEA 10: "Israel empties his vine"(1)...their heart is divided"(2) [God] will ruin thir sacred pillars"...o Israel you have sinned"(9)...sow for yourselves righteousness, reap in mercy,..it is time to seek the Lord, 'til He comes & rains righteousness on you"(12)...you have eaten the fruit of lies"(13)...o Bethel because of your great wickedness, at dawn the king of Israel shall be cut off utterly"(15)

HOSEA 9: "Do not rejoice o Israel...for you have played the harlot"(1)...the days of punishment have come"(7)...all their wickedness is in Gilgal"(15)...Ephraim is stricken...were they to bear children, I would kill the darlings of their womb"(16)

HOSEA 8: "Set the trumpet to your mouth"(1)...Israel will cry to me, 'My God we know you"(2)...your calf is rejected, O Samaria"(5)...the stalk has no bud, if it should produce, aliens would swallow it up"(7)...Israel is swallowed up"(8)...Israel has forgotten his maker"(14)

HOSEA 7: "When I would have healed Israel, then the iniquity of Ephraim [&Samaria] was uncovered"(1)...I remember all their wickedness"(2)...they are all adulterers"(4)...they prepare their hearts like an oven"(6)...none among them calls upon Me"(7)...Ephraim is a cake unturned"(8)...Aliens have devoured his strength, but he does not know it"(9)...Ephraim is also like a silly dove, without sense"(11)...I will bring them down like birds of the air"(12)...they did not cry out to me with their heart, when they wailed upon their beds"(14)...though I strengthened their arms...yet they devise evil against Me"(15)...they return but not to the Most High"(16)

HOSEA 6: "Come & let us return to the Lord...He will heal us...He will bind us up"(1)...He will revive us...He will raise us up...that we may live in His sight"(2)...O Ephraim..., O Judah...what shall I do...I desire mercy & not sacrifice, the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings"(4-6)...harlotry of Ephraim, ...Israel is defiled"(10)

HOSEA 5: "Hear this...take heed...give ear (1)...Ephraim you commit harlotry...Israel is defiled"(3...)
...Israel & Ephraim stumble in their inquity, Judah also"(5)...[God] has withdrawn Himself from them"(6)...they have begotten pagan children"(7)...I will pour out my wrath"(10)...I will be to Ephraim like a moth...I will be like a lion to Ephraim"(14)...in their affliction they will earnestly seek me"(15)

HOSEA 4: "Hear the Word Of the Lord, you children of Israel...there is no truth or mercy or knowledge of God in the land"...they break all restraint with bloodshed upon bloodshed"...my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"(6)...the more they increased the more they sinned against me"(7)

HOSEA 3: "the Lord said to me, 'Go love a woman who is loved by a lover & is committing adultery...just like the children of Israel....love the raisin cakes of the pagans"(1)...the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince...afterward [they] shall return & seek the Lord their God"(5)

HOSEA 2: "say to your brethren, 'My people' & to your sisters, 'mercy is shown'(1)...I will not have mercy on her children, for they are the children of harlotry"(4)...she went after her lovers, but ME she forgot"(13) [but] behold I will allure her(14)...will make a covenant for them...to make them lie down safely(18)..I will betroth you to me forever"(19)...betroth you to me in faithfulness"(20)...then I will say tho those who were not my people, 'You are my people' & they shall say, 'You are my God' "

HOSEA 1: "The Lord said to Hosea...go take yourself a wife of harlotry...for the land has committed great harlotry by departing from the Lord"(2)...so Hosea went & took Gomer...& she bore him a son"(3)...Lord said 'Call his name Jezreel'...then she bore a daughter...call her name Lo-Ruhamah...no mercy...on Israel...yet I will have mercy..On...Judah"(7)....will save them by the Lord...not by sword"(7)...she bore another son
...call his name Lo-Ammi...for you are not my people"(8)...& it shall come to pass...it shall be said to them...you are the sons of the living god"(10)...then ...Judah &... Israel...shall be gathered together....& appoint for themselves one head"...great will be the day of Jezreel"(11)

DANIEL 12: "At that time Michael shall stand up, a great prince...& there shall be a time of trouble...such as never was...your people shall be delivered, everyone who is found written in the book"(1)...& many of those who sleep in the dust of
The earth shall awake, some to everlasting life...some to everlasting contempt...those who turn many to righteousness...like the stars forever"(3)...but you Daniel... seal the book until the time of the end"...then I Daniel looked...onthis riverbank/..one said to man in linen...'how long...?...man in linen swore by Him who lives forever...when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered all these things shall be finished"(7)...although I heard I did not understand...I said 'My Lord, what shall be the end...?,'...he said 'Go your way Daniel, for the words are closed....'til the time of the end....'(9)...many shall be purified,made white...none of the wicked shall understand(10)...go your way til the end, for you shall rest"(13)

DANIEL 11: "First year of Darius the Mede I stood up to confirm & strengthen him"(1)..."three more kings will arise in Persia & the 4th shall be far richer"...he shall stir up all...against Greece...then a mighty king shall arise...his kingdom shall be broken up"(4)...& divided toward the four winds of heaven....his kingdom shall be uprooted...king of shouth shall become strong...great dominion...[whose] daughter shall go to the king of the North to make an agreement"(6)...she shall be given up...but from a branch of her roots one shall arise in his place...king of the south ....shall fight with the king of the north"(11)...king of the north will return & muster a multitude..."....King of north shall build a siege mound"(15)...after this he shall turn his face to the coastlands & take many"....his heart shall be moved against the holy covenant"(28)...he shall return & show regard for those who forsake the holy covenant"(30)...those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery"(31)...but the people who know their God shall be strong"(32)....the king shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods"(36)...he shall exalt himself above all(37)...at the time of the end the king of the south shall attack him [& the king of the north] & "he shall overwhelm them"(40)...he shall also enter the Glorious Land...he shall stretch out his hand...he shall have power (42^43)...but news from the east & north shall trouble him...he shall go with great fury..to destroy...yet he shall come to an end, & no one will help him"(45)

DANIEL 10: "Third year of Cyrus, king of Persia...a message was revealed to Daniel...it was true...he understood..."(1)...I Daniel was mourning three full weeks...I ate no pleasant food"(2-3)...24th day of the first month...by ..the Tigris..I lifted my eyes...a man face like lightning...the men who were with me did not see...heard voice...deep sleep...face in ground...hand touched me...Daniel...stand upright...I have come becau
se of your words"(12)...one having the likeness of the sons of men touched my lips"...I said 'No strength
remains in me'"(17)...he said'O man greatly beloved, fear not'...I was strenghtened"(19)...the prince of Greece will come"(20)...but I will tell you what is noted in the scripture of truth. No one upholds me against these except Michael your prince"(210

B8:

DANIEL 9: "First year of Darius...I Daniel understood by the books...Jeremiah...that He would accomplish 70 years in the desolations of Jerusalem"(2)...I prayed...o Lord who keeps His covenant...we have sinned..we have done wickedly"(5)...to us belongs shame of face"(8)...He has confirmed His words by bringing upon us a great disaster"(12)..."yet we have not made our prayer before the Lord"(13)..."O my God incline Your ear & hear"..."not because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies"(18)...OH LORD HEAR, OH LORD FORGIVE, OH LORD LISTEN & ACT"(19)...while I was speaking in prayer...the man Gabriel...reached me about the time of the evening  offering"(21)...He said 'Daniel I have come ...to give you skill to understand"(22)...70 weeks...for your holy city...to fiinish the transgression...to make reconciliation...to seal up vision & prophecy...&to anoint the most Holy"(24)...there shall be seven weeks & 62 weeks"(25)..."after the 62 weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for himself"...people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city..."(26)..."he [the evil prince?] shall confirm a covenant with many for one week"(27)...but in the middle of the week shall bring an end to sacrifice & offering"(27b)...

DANIEL 8: "third year of ...king Belshazzar...a vision appeared to me Daniel..I was in Shushan the citadel...I was by the river Ulai..a ram...2 horns...1 horn higher than the other...no animal could withstand him(1-4)...suddenly a male goat... from the west(5)...without touching the ground...notable horn...& ran [at the other ram] with furious power"...with rage...he broke the two horns(7)...the male goat grew very great(8)...the large horn was broken...[replaced with] four notable ones...[& a little one came out of one of the four] "which grew exceedingly great"..."It grew up to the host of heaven"(10)...it cast down some of the stars...& trampled them"...he even exalted himself as high as the prince of the host"(11)...he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this & prospered"(12)...then I heard a holy one say to another holy one...how long?...he said to me for 2300 days, then the sanctuary shall be cleansed"(14)...I Daniel was seeking the meaning...suddenly one having the appearance of a man"(15)...man's voice said 'Gabriel, make this man understand the vision"(16)...I was afraid & fell on my face...& he said, 'Understand, son of man, that the vision refers to the end of time'(17)...as he was speaking I was in a deep sleep...he stood me upright...the ram with 2 horns...the kings of Media & Persia"(20)...male goat is king of greece"(21)...large horn... is the first king"(21b)...4 kingdoms shall arise out of that nation but not with its power"...when transgressors...reached fulness..king shall arise...fierce features...sinister schemes...he shall destroy ...the holy..& prosper(24)..."shall cause deceit to prosper...shall exalt himself"(25)...shall even rise against the prince of princes...but he shall be broken"(25b)..."I Daniel fainted & was sick for days"(27)

DANIEL 7: "In the first year of Belshazzar King of Babylon, Daniel had a dream"(1)...four winds of heaven...four great beasts...a lion had eagle's wings...its wings were plucked...it was made to stand...it was given a man's heart...& a bear had 3 ribs in its mouth...& they said to it, 'Arise, devour much flesh"(5)...& there was a leopard...with four wings...& four heads...& dominion was given it"(6)...& a fourth beast...had huge iron teeth...had 10 ho

Posted via email from vanderkok's posterous