Sunday, December 26, 2010

9/19/10 cblog HOW TO BE A GOOD STEWARD w/ YOUR RESOURCES for the KINGDOM, (mahoney) COLA " talking to kevin...pastor here..8 years here..look back..& realize I'm giving the same amount I gave 8 years ago as I do today..realized nobody asked me to giv

9/19/10 cblog HOW TO BE A GOOD STEWARD w/ YOUR RESOURCES for the KINGDOM, (mahoney)  COLA " talking to kevin...pastor here..8 years here..look back..& realize I'm giving the same amount I gave 8 years ago as I do today..realized nobody asked me to give more..as stewards..reflect upon how we live out our stewardship...so they asked me to talk about it..offer practical suggestions..5 aspects of stwardship...1st ..learning how to receive, 2 knowing how to give 3 re squandering stewardshp 4 someday will give rendering 5 commitment

1st..learning how to receive...all receive gift...grace...learning gratitude..many times were not even aware of how much we've received..sometimes we fail to realize..even during difficulty., God's gift & graces keep flowing..have to be attentive *& alert..as disciples..realize all is gift from God..way to receive it..keep reminding..look around..another sign of God's goodness.

2nd KNOW how to give..God's gifts so abundant..keep coming..so as we take them in..we keep giving out..impossible to outgive God..blessings keep coming..its phenomenal..how good God is to us..stewardship..sharing..

3rd..careful about squandering..in today's 1st gospel..steward squandering..,master about to fire..steward halls him in..reduces promisary note, lesser amount..if he squanders..no friends, no future..in gospel..master credits him..wise move..even tho I will get less.JESUS LIKEWIS says be alert in giving..see Jesus in action, imitate..as Christian stewards..understand gifts of God to us, turn them around, share those giftd..steward using position to pave way for tomorrow..as stewards don't squander..all is gift..we didn't make or creat the gifts..all is handed to us..thru out history..time & again person in public trust...people not living out stewardship..wasting..for selfish reasons..remind selves constantly that all we have is gift..responsibilty..how to utilize gifts...

4th accounting..of stewardship..we will be judged..how did we utlize..good stewards..each give accounting..people who squander ..bernie madoff..each must be accountable..always get caught..have rspnsbilty..God doesn't threaten us..not negative threatening..just opposite..receive gift..help increase. Give more away..not take gifts & lock them up..help them grow, more value..

5th..understand consequences ..re being members of cath community..discipleship deepens..more like Jesus...as paul says...I live but not I, christ in me..we are stewards of catholic fatih..all members of ody of Christ..but as catholics also rspns that faith is passed on..3 t's time talent treasure....for good of building up community..giving of time..help building up body..giving of talents..singng. choir hospitality..use gits..for benefit of others...resources..more I thought abt cnvrstn w monsignor kevin..most of us don't prepare our giving beforehand..we don't think about it..have to be reminded of stewardship..not so much about cathedral needs..sure cathedral elec bill abt $30,000 per month.. but that's not what this is about..

Its about planning a week ahewad re stewardship..realize..blessings..helps us focus on blessings received
Lift up hearts in thanksgiving..look at u in diff way..nit just as caths ..members of cathedral ..but as stewards....see self as stewards..remembering gratitude..

Posted via email from hearingtheword2's posterous