Thursday, March 24, 2011

3/24/11 MY FAX to ANITA MARTINEZ, PERB, IN OAKLAND

FAX 510-622-1027
3/24/11 Anita Martinez @ PERB, Oakland:  Thanks for your phone call today. I will wait for the "warning letter" in the mail, but also want to ask for an extension of time to respond with an amended charge. I will probably not receive your mail until Monday or Tuesday, & that will only give me a few days to read, reflect, review, & respond.

There are SO MANY ISSUES to address, even when I begin to speak off the top of my head, without elaboration, it gets misunderstood. For example, when I mentioned to you that the ISR's were "not signed..." I wasn't finished explaining, before you interrupted & said, "yes, they are all signed..." when I was attempting to explain they weren't all signed "...by a principal." (Only 1 was). Then you also addressed me by my first name, "Philip" almost the way I remember a few  school teachers who were not fond of me as a child would say it, and led me to HATE my own name.

I was HOPEFUL that I would get a fair review of the facts by PERB, but I am afraid that I have already lost your trust or confidence in me, without cause, & perhaps by dishonest communication from LAUSD.
I might add this is why I also do NOT go by the name "Philip" anymore except for legal purposes. My friends who like & trust me call me "John."

I ask for an extension of time & I also want to inform you that if the institutions of California & America do NOT start treating me right & better, I will, very soon, become an expatriate. I will have no other alternative, & will, perhaps be happier & more successful in another country. Perhaps, this is what some unscrupulous people want to see happen for self-serving reasons. But if so, it is their "own ship" they are sinking in the long run, & I will no longer be here to protect & defend those who will not do the same for me.
(JOHN) Philip A. (Vander) KOK

Posted via email from hearingtheword2's posterous